What is 1400 Miles?
1400 Miles is a non profit that uses bikes and craft beers to spark difficult conversations with stubborn guys about prostate health. We are tackling prostate cancer from the front end, not the back.
THE REALITY IS, 1 IN 7 MEN WILL BE DIAGNOSED WITH PROSTATE CANCER IN THEIR LIFETIME. It is our goal to educate men so they know:
- Men need to know WHEN to get checked (screened) Screening refers to to “testing to find a disease” such as cancer in people who don’t have symptoms of the disease.For prostate cancer, men should start to get screened at 40, especially if an immediate family member (father/brother) have been diagnosed.
- Men need to know HOW to get checked.There are two ways to screen for prostate cancer
Blood Test: checking for the prostate specific antigens in the blood (PSA), and Digital Rectal Exam (DRE).
- Men need to know that prostate cancer is a serious disease, but most men do not die from it. When detected early, prostate cancer is nearly 100% curable!
We plan to reach to heights in 2017!
Want to Join to Movement?
There are many ways you can be a part of 1400 Miles!
- Ride in a Community Ride (registration opening now!)
- Ride in the Big Ride in 2018
- Become a Virtual Rider
- Join The Big Ride Staff